« back to Explaining Inception: an FAQ Guide
- » Did Cobb's totem topple at the end of the film?
- » Why did Robert Fischer not recognize the people on plane after he woke up?
- » Why did Mal seem surprised when she learned that Cobb performed an inception on her?
- » What happened at the beginning of the film?
- » What are the different dream levels for the final mission?
- » How did Cobb go into the limbo to find Saito?
» Explaining Inception: an FAQ Guide
Why was music played through headphones to the dreamer?
The headphone is placed on the dreamer of the following level and is a cue that a kick is about to take place, urging them to start the kick process for the dream of the next level. The music will be incorporated by the dreamer into their dream, and all those in that dream will hear it.