« back to Explaining Inception: an FAQ Guide
- » Did Cobb's totem topple at the end of the film?
- » Why did Robert Fischer not recognize the people on plane after he woke up?
- » Why did Mal seem surprised when she learned that Cobb performed an inception on her?
- » What happened at the beginning of the film?
- » What are the different dream levels for the final mission?
- » How did Cobb go into the limbo to find Saito?
» Explaining Inception: an FAQ Guide
What can Saito say in one short phone call to let Cobb off all his charges?
The man bought an airline. Wouldn't you have some pretty strong words when you talked?
It is also possible that Saito already laid the groundwork and did everything else required to get Cobb's charges dismissed. Saito's phone call was either the final step of the process, or simply to tell his people to "execute the plan".