« back to Explaining Inception: an FAQ Guide
- » Did Cobb's totem topple at the end of the film?
- » Why did Robert Fischer not recognize the people on plane after he woke up?
- » Why did Mal seem surprised when she learned that Cobb performed an inception on her?
- » What happened at the beginning of the film?
- » What are the different dream levels for the final mission?
- » How did Cobb go into the limbo to find Saito?
» Explaining Inception: an FAQ Guide
How does Saito know for sure that the mission is accomplished? He went to limbo before he could see Fischer open the safe.
And since Cobb and Saito are the last to wake up on the plane, shouldn't they still be connected to the dream machine when they wake up?
Cobb rescued him from his worst fear of "dying alone of old age" (not sure if it's a proper quote), so it might be that he no longer cares about the mission and gives Cobb his reward out of pure gratitude.
Alternatively, it is a strong argument if you think that the real mission was to save Cobb instead. Then he is most certain that the mission was a success!