« back to Explaining Inception: an FAQ Guide
- » Did Cobb's totem topple at the end of the film?
- » Why did Robert Fischer not recognize the people on plane after he woke up?
- » Why did Mal seem surprised when she learned that Cobb performed an inception on her?
- » What happened at the beginning of the film?
- » What are the different dream levels for the final mission?
- » How did Cobb go into the limbo to find Saito?
» Explaining Inception: an FAQ Guide
What would happen if a dreamer is killed when he/she is in the next dream level at that time?
A dreamer can't go into the next dream level because they're dreaming already.
Think about it, in the first layer, yusef is dreaming, so that's why he didn't go down to the second level (Arthur's dream). In the second layer, Arthur's dreaming, so he didn't go down to the third level (Fischer's dream).