« back to Explaining Inception: an FAQ Guide
- » Did Cobb's totem topple at the end of the film?
- » Why did Robert Fischer not recognize the people on plane after he woke up?
- » Why did Mal seem surprised when she learned that Cobb performed an inception on her?
- » What happened at the beginning of the film?
- » What are the different dream levels for the final mission?
- » How did Cobb go into the limbo to find Saito?
» Explaining Inception: an FAQ Guide
why is cobb and saito no longer connected to the dream machine when they wake up on the plane at the end of the movie?
As you can see at the beginning of the movie in the train, Saito was still sleeping even after the tubes were disconnected. They used the same dream machine in the aeroplane and the sedative is very strong. The sedative was already in them when they were connected to the dream machine. So, like other drugs, Cobb and Saito have to wait for the sedative to finish or weaken even after the tubes were disconnected in order to wake up.