« back to Explaining Inception: an FAQ Guide
- » Did Cobb's totem topple at the end of the film?
- » Why did Robert Fischer not recognize the people on plane after he woke up?
- » Why did Mal seem surprised when she learned that Cobb performed an inception on her?
- » What happened at the beginning of the film?
- » What are the different dream levels for the final mission?
- » How did Cobb go into the limbo to find Saito?
» Explaining Inception: an FAQ Guide
Why didn't Fischer wake up in level 2 when he got killed by Mal. Instead of getting back to level 2 he went to 4th level or limbo. The possible answer is may be that he didn't get kick from both the levels ( level 2 and level 3 simultaneously) tahts why he ended up to limbo. But as per the movie a shot is enough to wake up from the dream,as happened in the starting dream when Cobb kill his friend in level 2 .
Because he was sedated to have a stable dream. That's what Cobb was doing when he slipped the liquid into Fisher's drink on the plane... he was sedating him.
As Cobb says once the team is in Level 1 (van), if you die in a dream under sedation you go to limbo as opposed to just waking up.